WELCOME TO SHRODER PAIDEIA HIGH SCHOOL!
In praise of Shroder Paideia High School's educators, students, parents and community members, welcome to the 2017-2018 school year. We are excited about Shroder and what's happening for students in our classrooms. Our goal is to give each of our students a slight edge; the year will be packed with innovation and exciting initiatives to help us develop critical thinking skills in our students. My Tomorrow*ed will be a mainstay throughout the building, exposing grades 7 through 12 to a blended format of teaching and learning. At Shroder each student has the opportunity to use a tablet or laptop computer throughout the school day.
Our leadership team and staff have developed strategies to increase high academic achievement. Instructional Coaches use the three columns of instruction from the Paideia philosophy to drive teaching and learning. The road is being paved to increase Shroder’s academic standing locally, statewide and nationally.
Another shared goal is to build on mastery of content by students. Teachers have implemented standards-based instruction and grading to provide students with targeted Common Core standards into our already proven method of delivering instruction. We are committed to producing lifelong learners and productive, civic-oriented community members by helping each student reach their maximum potential.
This year we will focus our efforts in the following areas:
- My Tomorrow*ed
- My Paideia Teaching and Learning
- Common Core Academic Standards in English Language Arts & Mathematics, Science STEM and CEEM are geared toward the next generation student. Social Studies lessons aimed at achieving knowledge from past and present events by challenging student in college prep, advance placement classes, and award winning Capstone project
- Increasing the number of students enrolled in the College Credit Plus program and Advanced Placement courses, which will prepare students for college and careers
- Use targeted data driven instruction to prepare students for PSAT and ACT exams
- Change the growth mindset of students for ownership in their educational journey
- Demonstrate truth, honor, and loyalty to gain parental support and involvement in their child’s education
- A commitment to fostering stronger relationships with educational partners and the local community
- Praise students' efforts and work to give them the edge needed for success
The merging and collaboration of engaged students, an expert faculty, and enthusiastic parents will help sustain the unique community of learners and promote Shroder as a place where high expectations are ingrained in the culture.
Shroder’s professional staff is committed to focus on enriching, deepening and enhancing the teaching and learning experience offered to students in our school. Parents, we welcome you as partners in this endeavor through support, service, volunteering, and involvement in your child’s education. Together, we can achieve the goal of making Shroder Paideia one of the premier high schools in the district, state, and nationally.
Larry J. Williams, Principal
Charlene Cleveland, Assistant Principal