Dear Parents, Guardians and Caregivers,
SORTA and CPS board representatives and top executives met yesterday to discuss next steps for high school transportation, and we want to provide you with an important update. Due to a bus driver shortage, XTRA routes will not be restored prior to the start of school.
Student safety is of utmost concern to both organizations. Listed below are some additional safeguards that are being put into place as students shift to using regular routes. A CPS/SORTA working group, inclusive of high school principals, is meeting today to conduct a school-by-school review and will consider other adjustments that may need to be made prior to August 19.
We know parents have asked questions about a possible delay of school, and we want to make clear that school will start as planned for all CPS students on August 19.
- Additional adult supervision at school arrival and dismissal, at transfer hubs and on buses
- Traffic control at arrival and dismissal
- CPS security is being trained as licensed crossing guards
- Adding additional routes in order to accommodate the extra students riding the bus
- CPS is working with city planners to ensure the city is prepared to manage additional students at transfer sites
How to Check Routes to and from School:
Students and families can access the new Metro Bus schedule to determine the best routes to and from school utilizing Metro's Transit mobile app. Please ensure when checking routes that you insert the date August 19 or after.
- Access the Trip Planner — this will take you directly to the Metro page that links to the Transit app and to Google Maps.
- You can download the Transit App directly through the Google Play and Apple stores.
- There are many transit apps available, so please be sure to download the app with this icon.
Metro representatives will be onsite at each high school orientation session to acquaint students with public transportation and the Metro system. Bus passes will be available next week — be on the lookout for additional information for how to obtain them from high schools.
Students will receive free service fare August 19-20, student bus passes will be distributed to students at school.
If you have any questions about routing, please call Metro's Customer Care Center, (513) 632-7575.
If you missed the public Metro meeting on August 5, click here to access the presentation.
Chief Strategy Officer