Student Dress Code
To create, within the Shroder High School community, an environment that enables a student to gain the respect and confidence of others through his/her outward appearance.
Uniform Pre-Order Sale
- Polo shirts: Email order deadline is July 15 with payment due July 18. In-person order deadline is July 22.
- Hoodies: Email order deadline is July 15 with payment due July 18. In-person order deadline is July 19.
- See order form below for details.
Board Policy 5511: Dress and Grooming
The board authorizes the school to establish a reasonable dress code of a school uniform. The dress code or requirements for school uniforms shall be incorporated into the Student Handbook and Discipline Plan. Shroder’s uniform policy is mandatory. There is no opting out.
- Students should arrive to school in uniform and remain in uniform throughout the entire school day.
- All students will wear the official Shroder shirt in red, gold or black. Shirts can be purchased from Speedy Signs and Apparel in Sharonville. **Please note: the only acceptable shirt is the Official Shroder Shirt. Shirts with designer logos are not authorized.
- All students will wear solid black or khaki bottoms — No denim. Pant legs should not be adorned with colors or designs. Jeggings, leggings, tights and pajamas are not acceptable bottoms unless worn under a skort, skirt or shorts. Students may wear shorts or skorts at any time. Keeping in mind skirts, skorts and shorts must be no more than 4" above the knee. Any student in violation of this policy will be asked to change immediately. If proper clothing is not available, parents will be contacted and a consequence will be issued. Tights worn under shorts, skirts and skorts do not count toward the length of those items. The fingertip length rule is sufficient.
- Athletic attire (sweat and/or jogging pants) is not appropriate during school hours only when in gym class; there is also a uniform requirement for physical education.
- All clothing should be in good repair and fitted properly. Clothing should not be too tight fitting or too loose. Pants should be worn at the waistline and shirts should not be more than two sizes larger than the student wears.
- Students may wear authentic Shroder athletic, spirit and class wear on Friday only.
- Athletic jogging pants and jackets issued by the athletic department may only be worn on game days or spirit Friday.
- In cases of cold weather students may wear undershirts with sleeves but they must be solid red, gold, white or black.
- Clothing should not be adorned with logos, pictures, patches, buttons, drawings or sayings (stated or implied) which refer to drugs, alcohol, violence, sex, athletics or the music industry.
- Hats, bandannas, gloves, scarfs, do rags and other head gear are not permitted.
- Flip-flops and open-toe shoes are prohibited
- This dress code is in effect every day, on school grounds, at school-related activities, and on the way to or from school.
- In all cases, the administration has the authority to determine compliance.
- Students who are found to be out of dress code are subject to disciplinary actions.
School Events or Field Trips:
On all school outings, we must remember that we represent the school to the world; therefore, participants are expected to be in dress code. This applies to any SPA organization, athletic team, clubs and the like that represents SPA. The teacher/coach decides appropriate wear for the outing as follows:
- Must wear approved attire
- Athletic teams are expected to be in dress code to and from sporting events unless in uniform.
- On special event days the classes or groups may wear their t-shirts made especially for that day.